Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Pentoo 2012.0 Defcon Beta

We are really doing it this time folks, we are really making a release.  Thanks to my whole team we are rocking brand new and shiny everything.

This beta was made in haste, during defcon, while holding my laptop and walking around the con while it was compiling.  I can't believe the poor thing didn't melt in the Vegas afternoon sun.

I'm not going to say much here, except please try it.  Download the iso, and don't waste your time telling us we are awesome (we already know that) or that we suck (go back to ubuntu).  Instead, if you are going to spend some time writing us an email, please tell us what is missing, and what is completely worthless to you.  we have included as many tools as possible in this release for all kinds of pen-testing, but I'm sure I've missed a few, and left a few old/crappy ones in and we need YOUR input to make Pentoo better.

No more putting off for tomorrow what you can hack today, begin the revolution:

http://dev.pentoo.ch/~zero/isos

-Zero_Chaos and the Pentoo Team

5 comments:

Unknown said...

what kind of laptop are you using while compiling...

Unknown said...

what kind of laptop are you using while compiling...

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Web_Ninja said...

Looks good.

Do you know what would be even BEYOND Awesome? Awesome to the 12th degree?

Give up some scripts or an easy (low-intermediate friendly) way of adding the full Pentoo suite + settings to Sabayon 9.

That would make this a serious competitor, if not superior to Cherimoya....Especially if you add some of their tools they provide from source (but not LOIC, since it gets noobs in trouble. People who know what they are doing can download it).


Also, having the full suite of firefox and Chromium and other addons installed is not necessarily necessary, except for TorButton, but it saves a lot of time. I do too many installs to customize everything for every machine. I like the pre-installed methods sometimes.

Zero_Chaos said...

In response to "Unknown":

I have a Dell E6420 with an i5 and 6GB of RAM that I'm building on now. The box I'm planning to be building on next month will be the stuff of legend (and another blog post).

In response to "Web_Ninja":

layman -a pentoo && emerge pentoo/pentoo -vat

I'm not sure if you can use a pentoo profile in Sabayon but if you stop into the #pentoo channel on freenode I'll help you find out.


I don't really read comments on the blog posts, if you have questions please use the bug tracker or irc.

Thanks,
ZC