So as I said, we are _still_ working on pentoo and from the last couple of weeks, i can tell that :
- Catalyst building is working.
- Menu generation is somewhat working
- Move from unionfs to aufs is working
- I could get rid of QT (wouhou)
- There will be some very cool stuff in a future release. :)
Actually, the last test i ran made me a 563M (including portage tree!), letting some room for more tools, kernel and so on. I could even patch the kernel for lzm support but i don't feel like it need it atm.